• 2 tablespoons butter or roast drippings
• 1 small brown onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour
• 1 tablespoon Great Southern Truffles Sauce
• 150ml can Great Southern Truffles Juice
• 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
• Sea salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 cup red wine (or white wine if poultry)
• 1 cup beef stock (or chicken stock if poultry)
1. Add the butter or roast drippings, onion and garlic to a pan. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened and started to brown, stirring as required.
2. Add the flour, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring every minute.
3. Add the wine. Cook for 3 minutes, to cook off the alcohol, stirring as required.
4. Add the Great Truffle Juice, Sauce and the stock and cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by a third.
5. Strain through a sieve and serve immediately. Enjoy it on you Christmas Turkey or Chicken!